Summer Camp 2022
- We aim to impart excellent Chess Training at the most competitive rates possible. The Chess Training lessons are conducted on Zoom, so that your child can learn from the comfort and safety of your home. Our coaches are highly experienced FIDE rated players with several years of teaching experience.
- Group Chess Training lessons with very small class sizes (only 5 to 6 students per group) to ensure personal attention and progress
- Enrollment open to all students from Grades K-12
- Minimum student age – 5 years
- Highly experienced FIDE rated coaches from well reputed organization, Upstep Academy.
- Live lessons on Zoom from the comfort and safety at your home.
- Homework will be assigned for extra practice.
- Practice tournament during one lesson of your session.
- Upon completion of the session, the student moves up to the next level.
- Very reasonable fees: $150 for 12 lessons of 1.5 hour each ($8.5/hour) + $10 Registration + Online Credit Credit/ PayPal payment fees.
- We have 2 Summer Camps for 2022. Each camp is for 4 weeks and each week will have 3 lessons.
- Camp 1: June 8 to July 8; Camp 2: July 16 to Aug 12
- The session consists of 12 lessons of 1.5 hour each, that’s a total of 18 hours of learning.
- Chess Training Lessons will be conducted 3 times a week:
- Both Camps: Monday, Wednesday and Friday OR Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday
- The curriculum is taught course-wise, so after completing a level, the student will move up to the next course. For example if you complete the Beginner Level course this semester, then you will enroll for the Beginner – Intermediate level course for the next semester. Further information on the course levels can be found here: https://www.thinkchess.us/courses
- We have groups specifically for Beginners – 5 and 6 years of age. This is so that we can offer them the best experience by teaching at their pace.
- Students enrolling for the ThinkChess program for the first time may be invited for a Free Level Assessment session to ensure that they are placed in the correct group.
- Lessons will be conducted 3 times per week. Choose your day and time as per your level and schedule below.
- Please note: ALL Times are in CDT
- Since these are semi-private group lessons, we have 5 to 6 students per group. It’s important to ensure that all students in a group are of the same or similar chess level. Hence, we may offer you to choose the slots which are more suitable as per your child’s chess level and age.
Registration for Summer Camp 2022
FOR THE FIRST TIME!
Specially designed curriculum for Advanced and Masters students for summer!!
- Endgame Theory
- Instructive Short Games
- Opening against e4
- Master games of world chess champions
- d4, d5 opening for White and Black
- e4, e5 for Black
- Live playing
Introduction to Our Chess Coaches:
All Coaches are affiliated with and trained by a very well reputed overseas Chess program, UpStep Academy. They have been teaching Chess for several years and have produced a number of highly rated players. All coaches are FIDE rated.
Head Coach is a FIDE rated player with global recognition. He is also a certified Chess coach, Instructor (FI) and Arbiter (NA) etc, having coaching experience for over a decade. His FIDE rating is 2001 which is equivalent to USCF 2200. He designs the curriculum as well as trains all the coaches.
Our advanced lessons coach is also very highly rated. His FIDE rating is 2030 which is equivalent to USCF 2250.
All coaches for every level, right from Beginner level are USCF 2000+.